Panamax Max 1500 Others

4.57/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $449.00

Home Theater Controller with Classic Panamax Surge Protection - 10 AC Outlets - Diagnostic Lights and Brown-Out Protection - $5,000,000 Connected Equipment Warranty

Submitted by tennessee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2005

Bottom Line:
Last of the lifetime warranty protectors.The 1500 is everything the others reviewers are stating.The newer unit 5100 isn't.Both of the upgrade units stopped working.When you return unit under warranty you must pay shipping back and forth in my case $42.00.Panamax does't state this anywhere.

Purchased At:   crutchfield

Submitted by CRB a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this for a small secondary system that my father has set up in front of his La-Z-Boy chair and it served in that capacity well for about four years.

I recently broke down the system and rebuilt it without a component type surge protector and decided that it was time that I wrote a review of this product.

I also have the Monster 5000 unit and it, in contrast to the Panamax, has a bulk and ostentatious feeling quality to it that is appealing when you look it over. However, the tremendous depth of the Monster can lead to conflicts with power cables in the back of a rack. So the relatively shallow depth of this Panamax 1500 unit is a blessing.

Its filtration properties, inprovements on video preformance and other such attributes will be left to the "audiophile/videophile" contingent.

It worked when I installed it. Nothing plugged into in ever failed (and we had some power problems over that time too} And when I moved it on to another system it continues to work. So I am satisfied.

However, think these glorified powerstrips in component shape are mostly aesthetical anyway. I figure it is better than having two six plug strips laying on the floor or shelf of a rack.

Purchased At:   Comsumer-Direct Ware

Submitted by Martyboy42 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
When I hookedup the Panamax 1500 I was amazed. I thought I had a pretty quiet system, and good cable tv reception. But the difference was not subtle! The sound was noticeably cleaner immediately. My wife called out from the next room "Wow! The music sounds great!" TV was already good and not really improved, though TV sound was. VCR picture was better--clearer, less grainy. I also liked the build quality--a solid piece of equipment. I got the best improvement of all when I listened to music on digital cable, probably because both the AC power and the cable were filtered. A friend listened and walked over to the phone and ordered one after ten minutes. A great product! It really works!

Purchased At:   etronics.com

Submitted by Steve Miller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
All the power Hiss sound is gone !!! and before this Max 1500 ~~ when I turned on my Amp, I got a loud thud when it kicked on - Power up and that is GONE so I love that. I thought this unit was over kill for me, But am verrrry happy I got it.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit new, in the box at Hi-Fi Buys during a clearance sale. They were changing over to the Monster power centers and were dumping all the Panamax rack mounted units. It sat in the closet for several months with my other components while we renovated our den.

When we connected it, we noticed a significant increase in the picture quality from our cable TV. Since then, we have switched over to DirecTV. I was very pleased that the Max 1500 has the DSS cable and telephone connections which the Max 1000+ does not.

The unit comes with ten AC outlets, four on all the time, four switched, and two delayed. It also has a trigger that can be plugged into a switched outlet on a receiver or other equipment to allow the Max 1500 to be remote controlled.

I leave the unit on all time and don't use the trigger, so all ten outlets are always on. I have a Sony DSS receiver, A/V receiver, Betamax, VHS, CD player, tape deck, turn table, and TV all plugged in and never noticed the unit feeling even warm.

As mentioned above, the picture quality on the cable TV improved noticeably when the Max 1500 was first connected. The audio components were hooked up later but we used new interconnects and speaker wires so everything sounds better, but I don't know what impact the Max 1500 made.

The unit does what it is supposed to do, looks good, and I have the peace of mind knowing that my A/V gear is protected from surges from any direction. Somebody was thinking when they designed this. Five stars.

Purchased At:   Hi-Fi Buys