Nordost Eco 3 cable and CD treatment Others

Treats cables and CDs

Submitted by Jay2 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this product after talking to Nordost technical support in Massachusetts. I was interested in the Super Flatline speaker cables and I also mentioned a problem I was having with a pair of Denon AH-D950 headphones. These headphones are fantastic (I also own Sennheisser 580’s and Grado Prestige 125’s, the Denon are better!) except they are very prone to static charges through their shiny vinyl clad cabling. The static charges are so bad, they sometimes hurt my ears. While it took two applications initially, ECO 3 tamed the static build-up in the cable. In addition, the sound seemed much “cleaner” and less-fatiguing. I will try it on all my cables.

Purchased At:   Reference Audio Vide

Submitted by gammon186 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
bought my Eco 3 whena few weeks after buying my solar wind interconnect and wished i had bought it sooner. i don't care how or why it works but it is well worth the money if you actually wish to listen to the music. Not to keen on applying it to my CD's though for several resons.

1. Paper towels have a tendency to break up after a while and soft cloths start to leave fibres over the discs surface.
2. It leaves a smear over the surface of the disc once the solution has dried(NB. only a very thin layer should be applied over the disc.
3. Only a few days a ago a noticed an irritating rattling inside my CD player (micromega stage3). After cleaning the disc using a dry cloth(to remove the smears) the rattle disappeared.

I asked my local dealer what the rattles was but the seemed to think it was the disc and say it had not had it's hole punched properly. Never the less i have stopped using it on my discs but continuously use it on my cables.

Purchased At:   Radfords in bath

Submitted by Rainer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I musr admit that the first time I saw Nordost advertising for their ECO 3 treatment spray, I was more than intrigued.
And even though I am normally quite skeptical towards the newest and hottest snake-oil product which is supposed to be the greatest miracle ever for every true-blue audiophile, I decided to give this baby a fair chance.

And here I am now, more than a year later writing this review for all of you to read. Truth be told that I am still a bit skeptical to the various claims different manufacturers make regarding their products but I can tell you one thing for sure and that is that ECO 3 works.
I have only tried it on my speaker cables, powercords and interconnects and not on my CD's so far but seeing how well it does its job on cables I might as well give my CD's the ECO-treatment soon.
What ECO-3 does to your cables is actually two-fold:
first it achieves that your cables really look as new and squirky clean after you have treated them.
That to me was already a big bonus to start with.

But even better was what it did to the sound. After treating my cables it seemed as if it suddenly was easier for the music to flow through the cables. It was as if my hifi-system suddenly did not have to work as hard any more to deliver a satisfying performance.
It may sound funny but my impression was and still is that ECO-3 simply makes it easier for your cables to really start delivering; the sound becomes more relaxed, easier to follow and more natural.

Please don't expect HUGE differences though. A Thirteen-A-Dozen cable treated with ECO-3 will not outperform an untreated, more expensive and better quality cable.
ECO-3 will not turn a mediocre system into a ninth wonder of the world.

But what it can do and really does is to give your cables and this your entire system a little but significant lift in performance.
It will make your system sound better and it will make the music sound more natural. And when looking at the price paid for this little gem I can therefore truly and heartily recommend it to all of you.

Purchased At:   Theo Pruijs Amsterdam