Mark Levinson 33H Others

Submitted by Jeff Ostler a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 1997

Bottom Line:
Question? How can you own a 33 at 33% off? Just get the 33H. You'll never hear a difference but your pocket book will appreciate it. Krell's new 600 FPB's sound nice and have many great features but nothing, I repeat nothing brings the music so clear and smooth and powerful as the 33H's do!!! The bass was rather rounded out of the Krell 600's but not so with the 33H's. Unlike some people who are doing reviews here I actually own the products I review and can tell you that the only amp that had me replacing my tubes was the 33H. Up until the H's Conrad had my business. The Conrads are still fine amps it's just that if you want to take away any comprimises you get the H. If there can be an improvement to their sound I don't know of it. The only fault is the price of admission. However, if you are like me you will spend this much on amps in the next 4-5 years anyway, so why waste time: I like my music more than the fiddling with equipment and I can tell you that my fiddling with amps is over with.If you have to build a system aroun something then you ought to start with perfection and build your components around it.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile