Home | Reviews | Others | JVC

JVC XL-F154 Others

Submitted by Mark Myers a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
At first, the CD Changer was great. It had all the qualities we were looking for. It started to take awhile to load the CD's after about 1 year. We are at a year and a half now and it is completely shot! It won't play any CD's or turn off without unplugging it. I am completelty upset with the product. If I wanted a CD changer that only lasted a year I wouldn't have spent this kind of money on a CD Changer.

The CD holder won't even open to let me get the CD's out. The motor is shot on it!

Submitted by Rick a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 31, 1999

Bottom Line:
The sound quality was excellent. Notice the past tense. Just over one year old, it suddenly quit reading the disks. The same thing happened to my son, only within a few months. He got his repaire under warranty.
So, overall, I have to give this product a failing grade. It cannot and will not perform any more.

If anyone knows the problem behind this lack of performance and the solution - short of buying another one, please let me know.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Jeff a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this Cd player to tide me over until I get a better one. This thing sucks! No remote, like the other person here I'm using a JVC reciever to control the cd player (the reciever is going too). You can't fast forward though a song from the remote, only on the control panel.Here's the kick in the face: Last week this Cd player BROKE one of my cd's! I heard the Cd spin out of place, then when I pressed play again it just skipped like crazy. I took it out and seen a crack about an inch long coming from the center of the disc. Also is took a Cd that was in the 4th position and moved it to the 1st position! Another time it would only play the Cd in 2nd position even when I press, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. The displayed show these numbers but still played the disc in 2nd.
In the next few weeks this player will be replaced by an Onkyo player, as well as the receiver.
It's a flimsy built, no remote, Cd breaking, mixed up player.
You get what you pay for.

Submitted by daren a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 1997

Bottom Line:
I got my XL-F154 for only 159 bucks, and, its worth double that. The sound quality is superb.( about 2 times as good as my old cheap RCA player) It's 5 cd carousel changer opens with 3 cds accessible. Its got all the good features you could ever possibly want. The only down side is, no remote, but for me this is not a problem at all because I use the remote that came with my JVC reciever. I think for about another 20 bucks the smae model is availble w/ remote. If you have a JVC reciever allready or plan to get one, then, this CD player is definetly the best. I love the compulink controls, for example, if I just push Play on the CD player, the CD player turns on, and it turns on the reciever. is turned on and set up and playing. Just one button and your listening to music. Or, if i am listening to the radio and I just switch the input to CD it turns on and starts playing.

MS 1400W: