Bright Star Little Rock 2 Others

Chassis-loading isolation pod

Submitted by Gary a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 10, 1999

Bottom Line:
The Little Rock 2 is the largest of three models. It measures 17x15x1.5 and weighs approximately 30 pounds. The LR2 is available in dark gray (a dark gray fleck paint pattern) or black. It is a MDF body filled with small metallic beads designed to eliminate the effects of RFI and EMI. It has a nice look to it and a very solid feel. Workmanship was flawless.I utilized the LR2 in my system atop my CD player which was in turn floating on a Bright Star Air Mass 3. The Air Mass needed a bit of extra air to support the extra weight of the LR2.
I immediately noticed a difference in my system's overall quality. My first attention went to the bass frequencies, where I noticed a definitively quicker and tighter bass response. This makes sense, given that the LR2 adds significant mass to the CD/Air Mass combo, thereby lowering the fundamental frequency beyond a frequency that would muddy the bass. The midrange benefitted from the LR2 as well. I noticed a less hard and cutting sound on poorly recorded material. Sound stage seemed to slightly come into focus more clearly, and individual instruments became more palpable and believable with regard to their placement in the recording venue.
I am very pleased overall with the Little Rock 2. It looks good in my system and sounds even better. Highly recommended!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile