Boston Acoustics Recepter Others

• mono AM/FM clock radio
  • 20 AM/FM tuner presets
  • dual wake-up alarms
  • sleep timer (up to 60 minutes)
  • adjustable snooze
  • LCD display with dimmer
  • memory backup (3 "AAA" batteries included)
  • 7-3/4"W x 4-3/8"H x 5-3/4"D

Submitted by Mary Hinote a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
Nice, heavy, compact radio/alarm. Great reception, even in our corner of the valley. . Wonderful sound with full,incredible bass, Very user friendly, the knobs easily adjust the volume and station. My only regret is that I did not get the model that plays CD's. Fully satisfied with this radio, and would get another.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by T Bowen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
My wife wanted a radio to have in the kitchen but none of our small desk radios/clock radios could get more than 2 stations where we live. We live in the NE corner of the Indianapolis metro area. Based on what I had read this radio had good sound and a great tuner.

There were right about the strength of the tuner. We now get 33 FM stations and 31 AM stations and thats with just the 3 foot wire antenna that came with it!

The sound quality was much better than I expected with the ported back.

Some of the other features I really liked were the clean simple looks and the ease of operations. You have 20 preset stations available and you change between them just by turning the tuning knob.

This is one product I have recommended to all my friends who are looking for something small with good sound and great radio receiption.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by sftaylor a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I love my music, and when my average clock radio decided to quit, I thought I would upscale to wake up in style. First, I went to the nearest Bose Factory Outlet, to check out the "raved" wave radio. To be honest, I never was a Bose fan, but being open minded, I thought I would give it a listen. Boy, was I ever disapointed. Believe me, I couldn't see paying $350.00, for that. Infact, I would have stayed with one similar to my old unit.

I went online to research a new choice. When I did, I saw a new model with a familiar name, Boston Acoustics Recepter. I have auditioned their speakers in the past, and were impressed with them.

Anyway, after doing a little more research, I ordered the unit for an inhome trial. I got the unit in 3 days, and when I plugged it in, I was very happy of the purchase.

Despite being a mono source, don't let that fool you. The sound is warm and rich, with a soothing tone. The bassline is well pronounced, belying the small size of it's speaker. The music truly does go beyond your concept for a small radio. All in all, it makes a perfect clock radio for the night stand.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield