AudioQuest Sorbothane Feet Others

4.64/5 (11 Reviews)

isolation feet for all audio/video components

Submitted by rangoo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2008

Bottom Line:
AQ SORBOTHANE BIG FEET IS AMAZING PRODUCT. PUTTED UNDER PREAMP PRODUCED FULL SOUND -BASS IS TIGHTER,FULLER, MID MORE PRECISE,TREBLE AIRY AND PINPOINT IMAGING .
MAYBE SWEDISH SOLID TECH PRODUCTS ARE BETTER BUT THEY COST MINIMUM 7 TIMES MORE.

Purchased At:   radixaudio

Submitted by Waxxiemann a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
Note : 95 Canadian dollars.

I've been using these for some time. I got another set for my amp a few days ago. Noticed an improvement in tightness of bass right away. I use them under my center channel speaker (which is great) as well as my DVD player. They also help for heat distribution. Placing one directly under the transformer is the ticket here.

I'm giving them a 2 for value because they are "a little pricey" and a 4 for overall because they are not "more than I expected" but still a "very good product".

Give them a try. I think they make the biggest difference in source components but they also work well for amps.

Purchased At:   Creative Audio

Submitted by Fuzzy32 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
After reading a few reviews on the Sorbothane and what it could do for your equipment, I decided that this was a good 'tweak' to try out. I went down to Trutone Electronics and after a consultation with Neil (great guy knows his stuff), I picked up the Big Feet. (blue cubes handle more weight as opposed to the green ones) After installing them under my Sony DVP-9000ES DVD player I was in shock. The picture before the Sorbothane was pretty good. Now it was amazing. Detail was more vivid. Colours jumped out. I put in Star Wars Episode 2 and to my amazement I saw detail which I hadn't seen before. I was able to see the reflections in the masks of the clone armies helmets. Lightsabers were bold and striking. These Sorbothane feet really do work. I highly recommend these feet for anyone wanting to get the top performance out of their equipment. It's a good little 'tweak'. Good job Audioquest.

Purchased At:   Trutone Electronics

Submitted by nylunla a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Actually I wanted to buy a pair of new loudspeakers. However, because I haven't recovered yet from earlier investments in the field, I was forced to consider other options. New speaker cables? No, upgrading from Analysis Oval 12:s at 400 euros (bout same in USD) was still too expensive. New interconnects? No, the Taralabs Ref GII:s would have to do. Then I remembered that Arcam recommended replacing the rubbery excuses for CD feet they supply with their FMJ CD23T with "dedicated" vibration absorbers. So to your appointed dealer go, buy green blobs (Audioquest small fet) at 80 euros, looking like halves of a popular finnish marmalade candy! Sceptical at first, what with that price. But they really worked. The sound is different. More bass, but controlled. And more important: better overall balance. I found that familiar musical samples needed higher volumes than usual. The improved balance made it possible to listen at higher volumes, with more detail without the highs getting in your face (and want to turn down the screeching). An improvment, definitely. The price above is in euros, amounting to about the same in USD.

Purchased At:   Kruunuradio

Submitted by Hannibal The Cannibal a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a review of the (seductively named) blue "Large- Feet". They are deep blue,moist and sticky,and have the feel of animal-grisle or some sort of resilient cartiliginous animal-tissue that is ready to absorb anything that may come it's way. I almost felt like rolling them in dough prior to handling. The stickiness will not wash off. Man,I'm getting hungry already! Any carnivore worth his/her salt will feel tempted to bite into these even though doing so would ruin their investment. I have not bitten these yet,but I did manage to stick them under my CD-player. I noticed an overall-improvement in the articulation and clarity of tones,especially the lower registers. As hungry as these footers made me,the "visceral-impact" (excuse the pun) was definitely lifted to an audiophile level,entirely...at least for now... Anyway,I was delighted and surprised at the reduction in muddiness and imprecision that once blighted the sound I heard. I listened before/after with my trusty AKG K501 headphones for the most critical listening possible. The only real caveat I would have about using this product would be having to pay over ten bucks-a-pop at full retail. I paid 6.99 each and bought four,but this was at 60% off from HCM Audio which ran an ad in Stereophile magazine recently. The improvement they make is probably on the level of a cable change of sorts,but hey,please don't push the price of flubber too hard. However,I feel lucky to have discovered this little "tweak". I hope I can continue to resist the urge to sink my teeth into them!

Purchased At:   HCM Audio