Technics SA-GX350
Description: 100 w/ch x2 Stereo, 100 w/ch x5 ProLogic Surround mode

Submitted by beeker a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have amps and recievers in my 3 audio systems. They are stacked nib in closets, used on the floor ready to check out as well as some of the finest made worldwide in the car ready to be repaired and or serviced. Alls I can say a very simple design with .05thd its a top performer for 5 channel and 2ch stereo modes. Works very nicely with a technics 100 disc cd changer. At the moment i have it running 5 klipch herseyII's and hi end out to a sub 12 off my gx350. By the way I am considering leaving this in my 5.1 system til it dies. Simple and sharp easy sound and design. Very nice

Submitted by Sniper1 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have a problem with the fan too.
It has never been it working.
I have never had the problem that the receiver is overloaded and shuts down. But I was wundering if any one have a electric drawing or plan or can describe how I hard wire the fan to come on, when it is needed.
Thanks :-)

Submitted by David L Leo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have had this system for many years. All of a sudden, the unit would overload @ quarter turn (design flaw) and would shut down. After further inspection, I noticed that the fan was having trouble working. After review of this site, I took the liberty to use the comment of hard wiring the fan to the unit. WOW! All my troubles are gone.

Hale to the Internet, I would have never thought of the leads to the fan. I had the fan pulled apart and was ready to give up.

Thanks for the advice.

Dave

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by keith doherty a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
WoW! sounds like you guys just solved my ploblem . At less then quarter volume unit overloads,but it took almost eight years to do so.Thanks for all your reveiws.

Purchased At:   1996

Submitted by oriolecc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
The SA GX350 is very good reciever once it is repaired. I bought a used seeburg jukebox blast effect. I bought it with the problem of the amp overload at med level of volume. The tech could not repair so I looked into the problem and discovered the poor design in the connection on the fan. The fan is designed to come on at a certain temp at about 1/4 volume. If connection on fan is poor the fan dosen't come on resulting in amp overload. To correct it you should hard wire the fan in place leaving extra wire for removal of fan. Once you do this the fan allways come on when need. It solves the overload problem.
The juke box rocks now......
So if your amp is running hot the fan connection is getting bad. The amp runs cool if everything is OK.