Sunfire Ultimate Receiver
Description: <ul> <li>Seven channels of power amplification</li> <li>200 WATTS rms PER CHANNEL into eight ohms from 20Hz to 20kHz with no more than 0.5% THD</li> <li>Preamp outputs for all channels</li> <li>Auto signal sensing input switching – Automatically turns the unit on, selects your source and surround mode</li> </ul>

Submitted by Steve Bob a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2006

Bottom Line:
I spent my 20;s in the high end audio business. I never thoiught i'd have this quality of sound. Before anyone thinks that I stole this, it came as a demo withpout a box or remote. It was considered new and had a new warrenty though. Now, it's a beautiful product. Power to spare and able to set up exactly as I wanted. My front speakers are Mag. 1.6QRs and the power brings out the best. Tuner is much better than expected with our two NPR stations and the Phono pre amp is an extra. Music is superb and movies are better than the theater. I am finally satisfied. My reciever is the equal of the Maggies and the Velodyne Sub. The package is bliss

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by DocASim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
Upgraded from the Yamaha DSP-A1 to the Sunfire. Miles above the Yamaha and the Denon AVR-4802r. Soundfield is extremely enveloping, brings out texture that only high end Pre-Pro Amp combo's can. I'm still impressed. Can bring out the best in recordings that other amps can make harsh and fatiguing. I have the full 7.1 configuration with Energy C6 mains, AC-300 center, C-R3 rears(4). The amp certainly brings out the best in these.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics