Sherwood Newcastle RVD-7090R
Description: Audio/Video Receiver - Dolby Digital/Dolby Pro Logic - 100 Watts x 5 Channels - 2 Optical & 2 Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
I got this receiver from my dad who actually upgraded bigtime to the Denon 5700 receiver which costs well upwards of $2k. I had been looking into getting a component system for a while, to upgrade my old Aiwa mini-system, and did lots of research in stores and online at this site before my dad gave me this receiver to start my system with.

It runs my Polk RT35 speakers cleanly, and has plenty of inputs for any of my future home theater needs once I find a job and enough money to afford better stuff.

100W per channel, pre-amp outputs, binding posts everywhere, and composite video in/out for a receiver that I see running for less than $300 everywhere, I think that Sherwood is an underrated brand that maybe can provide an economical alternative solution for someone looking for a quality receiver at a good price.

Submitted by Aaron Theodore a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well this is my second receiver in 3months and it seems to be a lot clearer giving a better sound with more power
than my first receiver with was a sony STR-DE335 (a prologic one) i have yet to try dolby digital (since i lack a dvd) but all the music on it sounds fantastic

the speakers i have are:

B&W 602 Series 2 (front)
B&W CC6 (center)
Solid S100 (a b&w sub brand)
B&W ASW500 (Sub Woofer)

I have yet to find a weakness in this product but it is
likely that i will eventually.
(only baught it today..)