Optimus STAV-3680

Submitted by brett wallander a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am a super-muzik freak just 2 let u know!i bought this amp not knowing 2 much of itz advanced technoligy but i found that with the right equilizer and speakerz, itz sourround sound wuz the greatest!itz got everything i need in an amp/reciever.The remote could have been more advanced though.but i am quite happy with it!

Purchased At:   radioshack

Submitted by Ilya a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
For the review below, I think it may be a bit unfair to lower the score so much for no s-video. Yes, no DTS, But if you have an S-video TV (which you would have to have anyway) you can plug the video from the DVD straight to the TV and bypass the receiver. It's not bad for $200. A lot better than others for the price. Usually you get what you pay for. It's not great, but you get a bit more than you paid for with this one.

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
I brought this just last week.I played around with it and i figure I should of got something better.I took this back just yesterday.First off,I have a DVD player and it is not that good for DVD.Since DVDs are Dolby Digital and with no digital outputs and S-video,you will be force to upgrade in the next years to come.I would go Sony because they seem to offer lots of features and the important part it has is COOL REMOTES.OH YEAH!!

Submitted by erica a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
I like this product a lot. The sound is very clean, and, like the other reviews have mentioned, you really can't beat it for $200. I am upgrading to a better receiver now, but this one has served me well. I recommend it. I was fortunate enough to get a 3690 remote with my system because the store couldn't find a 3680 one, so I count myself lucky in that area. All in all, a very good budget receiver.

Submitted by veronika madas a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
ipurchase stav 3680 at radio schack in may 1999 for200 $. Found that remote is litlle dificult for me. J`m not heavy user so that could be my vicknes.STAV3680 have lot of power insade and good discrete amps.Have conects for 2 pair main speakers,sub,and center channel pre outs.It have 6 audio and 3 video inputs what is pleanty for me. Its easy to use and have good responce from front controls.Its my first a/v receiver and works fine for me.