Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 Channels
Description: One of Onkyos 2nd generation high definition A/V receivers, the 90-watt per channel TXSR606 is at the forefront of affordable home theater. The key is having the most capable version (1.3a) of HDMI fully implemented. This receiver has four 1080p-capable H

Submitted by andrew671 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2009

Bottom Line:
I just finshed college and wanted to treat myself to my very own home theater system.. I already had a 42" LCD HDTV 1080p and a playstation 3.. all I needed now was a home theater set up... At the time I had very little knowledge about home audio... Only one product came to mind when it came to home audio and it was bose... yup!.. I was one of those guys... I was researching all over the internet to find a decent system with my budget... then I came across the Onkyo Tx sr606 on c/net.. it had won the editer's choice for best all around reciever.. Because it was cheaper and had a lot more to offer then other recievers twice it's price.. I placed an order for one Tx sr606 as well as some kef speakers... came about a week later, hooked everything up, used the set up mic that came with it.. (which was really cool by the way) pop in independence day on blu-ray and what happened next surprised the crap out of me.. I never heard such clarity in the movie!.. I was blown away, I swear I never have to go to the movies anymore.. after that I was hooked on movies and even more audio gears.. This receiver change my life.. really, I mean since then I have bought Four tower speakers (kef Q50 and Krix Lryix) view sonic DLP projector, 130" motorized screen, and 40+ blu-ray movies...

I heard that some people had some buzzing noise when the receiver is on but I have never heard anything.. some people say it runs hot, but it's a receiver, don't they all run hot...Over all I am very satisfied with the onkyo tx sr 606 performance, setup, and design... sleek all black look.. cool..

Product model year:   2007