Nakamichi AV-2s

Submitted by Gibson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2013

Bottom Line:
i just want to said that i do'nt used this Nakamichi in HT but in 2 ch and i was disappointed.

I do'nt know if the Nakamichi 2 is better than the 2s but if you want dedicate 2 ch pass
this model 2s.In my system he do'nt stay more than 2 week now in storage for sales...

You will need to use the loudness to have decent bass??? So for me a good power amp
do'nt need loudness. I buy it because i wanted to upgrade. But my Technics SU-V60 was
better and still better. Now i have separe power/pream with much better sound. Also i got
a chance to buy a used Furutech FS Alpha 1 DIY speaker cable for $100 buck, Wow
amazing value for the money. If you like dance and rock music or owned a discotheque get Furutech Alpha 1. You will keep them for life....

Submitted by Valentin Kryukov a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
Of course it is obsolete in terms of current standards, but my goal was to buy a good stereo receiver at a reasonable price (after reading loads of reviews that Nak in stereo mode outdoes many much more expensive models by other brands I decided to give this very unit a try).

And it seems it's true.

Sound quality is incredible. It completely beats my previous unit (AKAI AA-39). Well, I know that AKAI receivers were rather bad, so I have to say that it also sounds much better than different Pioneer, Technics and Marantz units owned by my friends. And once more, even with my old AKAI CD-49 CD player and Bose AM 3 speakers sound quality became AMAZING while with the old receiver it was quite average. I agree with all good words already said by other people, thanks for advising me.

About fan noise - I disagree that it's irritating. I'm a fan, in particular, of classical guitar music (rather quiet genre) and I don't hear the fan when I'm further than 1 m from the unit.

Purchased At:   www.supert.ru

Submitted by Larry a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
having no background on nak performance, I got a great deal on this receiver. For about 500, it compares to the power of my 1100.00 luxman, and beats the sound of it. I setup 5 channel Mini-Infinity hanging bookshelf speakers with an old dbx sub-woofeer in my basement, and let me tell you, I have NEVER heard stereo-sound with such seperation and clarity as
this... I have sinced moved the setup to my master bedroom, where I sometimes sit and change radio stations for hours... Whether its jazz, classical, rock or whatever, the depth, precision and sharpness of every instrument SIMPLY POPS right out of the speakers... I am amazed. If you havent heard sound like this, you are missing out. Demo and Buy one.

Purchased At:   sound city

Submitted by Chris a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
I wanted a simple, uncomplicated A/V receiver for my secondary (video) system. The Nak would have to do duty as an amplifier AND processor. I've always liked the Nak line and, for the price paid, the AV2s is a good value. Simple, relatively uncomplicated design which is good for a no-nonsense entry-level home theater setup. The build quality is not as good as previous Nak components (see below)

Purchased At:   Hi Fi store

Submitted by Salim SM a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2002

Bottom Line:

being a nak-fan, i'm biased toward nak decks ... but not on its receivers ! my first experience with re-1 was not so good (but sr4 & 3 receivers are so much more better). on a/v stuff i was a victim of most audio magazines' hype on yamaha. frankly speaking yamaha did sound better than sherwood on pro logic, but music was so lifeless. even my bright b&w speakers sound dull.

i decided to give nak av a try after reading audioreview, and what a difference this receiver made !! music suddenly came alive, just like in 'normal' stereo. punch, clarity, everything is back there again. if you listen to music at all, compare this nak with any yamaha, onkyo, sony, denon avrs before you make the purchase. too bad nak shoot itself by providing lousy service. best bet is to buy used - 'proven burn in period' - and get a hell of a deal compared to other avrs at 3-4 times the price. movie fans who are into dts and dd need to check av10 out (i will).

system: denon dvd 3000, b&w p6 & cc6 (later replaced with kef 104 & paradigm cc300)

Purchased At:   Used