NAD T762 6.1 Channels Receiver
Description: The NAD T 762 is heir to many generations of award winning NAD designs. This exceptional pedigree is evident in both the look and the feel of the T 762, and it is unmistakable the moment you listen. It is NADs insistence on creating products with remarkable sound quality at sensible prices that has made NAD the first choice among the most knowledgeable listeners from around the world. NADs "Music First" philosophy dictates that we endow our Audio Video products with the same warm involving sound quality that makes music listening so rewarding with our stereo components. This stands in stark contrast to our competitors who view Audio Video components primarily from a "content" point of view, with sound quality far down the list of priorities.

Submitted by writemeanovel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2009

Bottom Line:
First, I'd like to say I have no idea what happened to my prior review of this unit, or all the other dozens of favorable reviews that used to be here.

I've had this receiver now for 6 or 7 years, and it's been really solid, and I'd say a great value. That's what NAD products are all about. You will find better sounding stuff out there. In my experience this receiver was the best one around at this price range. when auditioning this receiver i found that the Rotel separates were more detailed, and did sound better, but you are looking at more than double the price tag in a price point already over a thousand dollars for this receiver. Pretty simple choice to me.

This reciever does not have HDMI inputs, and you know what YOU DON'T NEED THEM. I use a NAD t532 DVD player and plug directly into the TV. you should always do that unless you own a kilobucks reciever. shorter signal path, less cables.

The presets with this unit are 500% worth setting up. they allow you to set up to 5 presets for different kinds of music, with subwoofer, without, speaker size, distance, and channel levels. Plenty of power, unless you are in a true HT room that's like 25' by 30' ... lol.

This unit is very quiet (even with fans going) and also nearly SILENT at idle - very good amplifiers. This reciever is STILL better (i've listened to a bunch of stuff recently) than most any mass market stuff out there - HK, ONKYO, SONY, YAMAHA, and even to my ears DENON. I'd place this reciever in a class above the mass market stuff, but a notch below dedicated separates.

Even the new receivers are still in the same market space, a notch above most anything at 1k, and a notch below the 3k pre amp / power amp combos which will cost you a brink's truck worth of money. Don't take my word for it, bring your favorite DVD's and CD's and listen to them in person. Best sound around for the money.