QSC RMX 850

Submitted by tonganoxie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2009

Bottom Line:
I use the rmx series amplifiers in my home theatre system and my two channel stereo i have the 1450 bridged to run the 18" subs and use 2 more rmx850's for the fronts and the 4 channel amp for the surrounds and do not regret ever buying these amps. They are clean and very powerful all the way up. In my opinion they run with those audiophile amps any day and hell qsc probly makes there circuits for those so called audiophile amps. I wouldnt hesitate at all on these amps. I will say the earlier models the gain control knobs the (potentiometers) would go bad but i ordered new ones and soldered them on myself and sounds great.

Submitted by smokehouse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
This amp is a powerhouse. Like many other pro amps this thing is made to take a beating. I am currently using this unit to power my Type Twelve Audio subwoofer. For LFE it's perfect. This thing will reproduce clean, tight lows with no strain at all. It's only downside is it's internal fan which runs constantly. I liken the sound to a quiet whir, quite like that of an overhead CRT projector or PC. Not noticable during most playback but faint during silent scenes. Other than that no complaint what so ever. Power that is clean and lots of it. Perfect for subwoofers.