B&K Components  AVP1030
MSRP  1998.00
Description: Dolby Digital integrated preamp and tuner

Submitted by superryankatie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
what can i say about this great pre-amp. First its built like a tank. sounds crsip, warm, and accurte from cds to movies. I love the ways it looks, You can programmed anything on the front display to say 'My hide out" or something like that. B&k used very high quility parts including working with motorola and ADA devices. The best thing is the price on the used market is less than 1/3 of what other pay for orginal ($1800) ouch. I would buy this again in a heartbeart.

Submitted by Don Mei a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased the 1030 for $140 on ebay!!! I listen mainly to music with some casual movie watching. I've got an ATI 1506 (bridged front chanels) and they sound wonderful together. Fantastic vocal reproduction. Solid bass(very solid, and tight), could use a little more high extension, but I blame that on the ATI. I think I got a great find.

Submitted by audiophreak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit several years ago to replace my Acurus Act-3 that give me too much hiss and humming. Lots of AV inputs and outputs. Where the AVP1030 really shines is in 2-channel playback. "Direct" mode gives the best unadulterated audio playback. Minimal DSP functions. But then that's a positive in my opinion.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Doug a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a superbly built A/V preamp/tuner from a first class manufacturer. A number of these have surfaced on the used market and if Digital Dolby and stereo reproduction are all that is needed, look no further. The original list price was nearly $200 and mine was had for only about 25% of that! The preamp is far superior to receivers anywhere near the price and it is relatively easy to use even though it lacks an on-screen display. Give it a try if one turns up - it really performs well.

Submitted by Sidney Sison a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
Overall this piece is very good. I found the tuner reception a little on the weak side compared to my Sony tuner(ES series separate component). Also, I felt the price was a little steep. Compared to other high end (and higher priced) pre-amps, I think it's a good value for the money.