Celestion A2
Description: (2)7" Woofer and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by lenny a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
product is fantastic!

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by KEN ABBASZADEH a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
AFTER 3 YEARS OF CONSTANT LISTENING STILL ENJOY IT, I WOULD SAY WHY WOULD ANYONE SPEND THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS ON SPEAKER WHEN THEY CAN BUY THIS AWSOME SPEAKERS.LOVE IT , TIGHT BASS, BEAUTIFUL MID RANGE.

Purchased At:   store demo

Submitted by Jorge Perez a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
After trying them for 5 months, I just can say that's the best bang for the buck made in my whole life!
I use them with 2 bridged NAD 214 power amps and a pre NAD 1000 from MONITOR SERIES (together with a CD NAD C540) and the resulting sound is just superb. Controlled bass, laid-backs and dynamics are exceptionals. Considering they cost more than €2.500 and I got them by just paying €379... I think there's nothing more to say ;)

Now I'm waiting for the seller to sell the A3's he still owns.

Purchased At:   Ebay auction

Submitted by Art Burt a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for almost 2 years now and they are still the best sounding that I have had in my home to date. And I have had a lot of speakers on trial at home in my system. I have them on a solid rosewood stand that perfectly matches the speaker. I had the local cabinet maker contruct them and fill them with sand and then seal them. I have the speakers with very short spikes sitting on the matching stands with good spikes as well. This makes it look like a large speaker. With the stands it brings the tweeter just above the listeners ears. With a Meridian 508-24 cd player and a much modified Copland CSA 14 and Cardas Golden Reference Interconnects and Speaker Cables and these Celestions I would be hard pressed finding better sound.

Purchased At:   Audio Two in Windsor

Submitted by Christophe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I auditioned these at a friends house and compared them to a pair of home built speakers of similar MTM design. I was very impressed. Even at the retail cost these are great speakers. As many have noted, they have fantasic base response for a smaller (but heavy at 70# each!) pair of towers that are good looking to boot. These will easily make it past the wife factor. The warm tone of these speakers combined with the solid base response makes them a natural for jazz and rock/popular. Chamber music seemed to get a little muddy in the low mids and perhapse a touch trebely as well. Still, these flaws were minor in magnitude.

Purchased At:   Wholesale distributor